Thursday, December 18, 2008

Backyard photography

I've always contended that one can find interesting subjects to photograph in their own back yard. Of course, this does depend on where your backyard is located, but in general, this is very true. I recently sold photographs to a company for their corporate calendar, and when reviewing the printed version, I realized that out of 12 photos, they picked two that were taken--well, not even in my backyard but--from my house itself. One shot of the frosty trees and mountains I took through a window from my living room and the other shot of the snowy birch trees I took while standing on my front deck.

Snow birch trees photographed from the front deck on my house.

Frosty trees and Alaska range photographed from a window in my living room.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Makes me homesick. :)

Patrick said...

Bronwyn,
Good to hear from you. Fairbanks is beautiful right now, and the cold is coming next week!
Patrick